AWS CodeDeploy vs Codeship: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS CodeDeploy as "Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances". AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications. On the other hand, Codeship is detailed as "A Continuous Integration Platform in the cloud". Codeship runs your automated tests and configured deployment when you push to your repository. It takes care of managing and scaling the infrastructure so that you are able to test and release more frequently and get faster feedback for building the product your users need.
AWS CodeDeploy can be classified as a tool in the "Deployment as a Service" category, while Codeship is grouped under "Continuous Integration".
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeDeploy are:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
On the other hand, Codeship provides the following key features:
- Run you automated tests | Easily set up Codeship with Github or Bitbucket and trigger your automated tests with a simple push to your repository.
- 100 builds & 5 private projects free per month.
- Free for OSS.
"Automates code deployments" is the primary reason why developers consider AWS CodeDeploy over the competitors, whereas "Simple deployments" was stated as the key factor in picking Codeship.
Product Hunt, Swat.io, and InVisionApp are some of the popular companies that use Codeship, whereas AWS CodeDeploy is used by Algorithmia, Adsia, and indico. Codeship has a broader approval, being mentioned in 277 company stacks & 82 developers stacks; compared to AWS CodeDeploy, which is listed in 58 company stacks and 15 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS CodeDeploy?
What is Codeship?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions