BigML vs GraphLab Create: What are the differences?
BigML: Machine Learning, made simple. Predictive analytics for big data and not-so-big data. BigML provides a hosted machine learning platform for advanced analytics. Through BigML's intuitive interface and/or its open API and bindings in several languages, analysts, data scientists and developers alike can quickly build fully actionable predictive models and clusters that can easily be incorporated into related applications and services; GraphLab Create: Machine learning platform that enables data scientists and app developers to easily create intelligent apps at scale. Building an intelligent, predictive application involves iterating over multiple steps: cleaning the data, developing features, training a model, and creating and maintaining a predictive service. GraphLab Create does all of this in one platform. It is easy to use, fast, and powerful.
BigML and GraphLab Create belong to "Machine Learning as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by BigML are:
- REST API
- bindings in Pyton, Java, Ruby, node.js, C#, Clojure, PHP, and more
- several algorithms, including categorical & regression decision trees, ensembles of trees (random decision forest), cluster analysis and more
On the other hand, GraphLab Create provides the following key features:
- Analyze terabyte scale data at interactive speeds, on your desktop.
- A Single platform for tabular data, graphs, text, and images.
- State of the art machine learning algorithms including deep learning, boosted trees, and factorization machines.