cloudControl vs tsuru: What are the differences?
What is tsuru? Extensible and open source Platform as a Service software. tsuru is an open source polyglot cloud application platform (PaaS). With tsuru, you don’t need to think about servers at all. You can write apps in the programming language of your choice, back it with add-on resources such as SQL and NoSQL databases, memcached, redis, and many others. You manage your app using the tsuru command-line tool and you deploy code using the Git revision control system, all running on the tsuru infrastructure.
cloudControl and tsuru can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by cloudControl are:
- Develop and push code in any language- Native support for Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and more without vendor lock-in.
- Deploy and scale your apps easily- Launch new versions without downtime and use horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Use the flexible and secure runtime environment- Run your code in secure Linux containers and easily use Add-on services to add databases and more.
On the other hand, tsuru provides the following key features:
- Fast and secure. The entire process is really simple with no special tools needed, just a simple git push.
- Scaling in Tsuru is completely painless. Just add a unit and Tsuru will take care of everything else.
- Tsuru is built to be extensible. Through services you can provide anything your application needs.
tsuru is an open source tool with 3.14K GitHub stars and 421 GitHub forks. Here's a link to tsuru's open source repository on GitHub.
What is cloudControl?
What is tsuru?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose cloudControl?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using cloudControl?
What are the cons of using tsuru?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Tsuru allows developers the necessary and dreamed autonomy, maintaining the infrastructure department confident and is very business oriented as it improves the time to market with safety. Where is the magic?! It is not just starting to treat people as adults(that is mandatory), you also need a system that automatically recover itself(self-healing) after any mistake, misconfiguration, infrastructure problem, etc and (auto)scale easily as needed. We have it for about 4 years at Globo.com using Tsuru PaaS, one of the most loved projects we maintain, totally opensource, powered by Docker, no vendor lock-in, no comercial version(what we use is what we provide) and very receptive to new contributions, discussions, and fix of serious issues(stop the line mindset). Tsuru manages applications with millions of users with no headaches. The main value is that tsuru allowed a new and desired culture, finally developer can have the freedow they want to deploy(the freedom comes with responsability) - thousands of deploys/month and increasing - with increased stability/availability of ours portals We can finally rest calmally at night and in the weekends, letting tsuru dealing automatically with any operational problem may happen. Try it in your company, you too deserve to be happy! https://tsuru.io https://github.com/tsuru/tsuru