Databricks vs Google Analytics: What are the differences?
Developers describe Databricks as "A unified analytics platform, powered by Apache Spark". Databricks Unified Analytics Platform, from the original creators of Apache Spark™, unifies data science and engineering across the Machine Learning lifecycle from data preparation to experimentation and deployment of ML applications. On the other hand, Google Analytics is detailed as "Enterprise-class web analytics". Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
Databricks and Google Analytics can be categorized as "General Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by Databricks are:
- Built on Apache Spark and optimized for performance
- Reliable and Performant Data Lakes
- Interactive Data Science and Collaboration
On the other hand, Google Analytics provides the following key features:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Spotify are some of the popular companies that use Google Analytics, whereas Databricks is used by Auto Trader, Snowplow Analytics, and Fairygodboss. Google Analytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 18000 company stacks & 10534 developers stacks; compared to Databricks, which is listed in 7 company stacks and 4 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Databricks?
What is Google Analytics?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions