Engine Yard Cloud vs Paz: What are the differences?
Developers describe Engine Yard Cloud as "Deploy and scale Rails applications in the cloud". The Engine Yard Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a product family that leverages open source technologies to orchestrate and automate the configuration, deployment and management of applications on multiple infrastructures. On the other hand, Paz is detailed as "A Simple Docker PaaS Written in Node.js". A pluggable in-house service platform with a PaaS-like workflow, built on Docker, CoreOS, Etcd and Fleet.
Engine Yard Cloud and Paz can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Engine Yard Cloud are:
- Dedicated, secure, commercial-grade platform that increases agility
- Focus on your code - not on operations or platform maintenance
- Scale cloud applications and infrastructure rapidly
On the other hand, Paz provides the following key features:
- A web front-end to CoreOS' Fleet with a PaaS-like workflow
- Like a clustered/multi-host Dokku
- Beautiful web UI
Paz is an open source tool with 6 GitHub stars and 4 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Paz's open source repository on GitHub.