HP Cloud Compute vs WebFaction: What are the differences?
HP Cloud Compute: Deploy Scalable Virtual Servers on Demand. Now backed by an industry-leading Service Level Agreement, HP Cloud Compute delivers reliable computing resources to handle your production workloads. Configure and scale your capacity in an open cloud environment. With HP Cloud Compute, you gain control over your workloads while only paying for the resources you actually use; WebFaction: Hosting for developers: full shell access to fast servers with all your favorite tools pre-installed and maintained for you. No need to spend hours installing and configuring the software, database and other tools. We have over 50 one-click installers in our control panel.
HP Cloud Compute and WebFaction belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by HP Cloud Compute are:
- Open. Avoid vendor lock-in by using open source-based architecture and standards-based APIs.
- Control. You have control of your instances and app development. Use root-level access to deploy applications, install required packages, and customize default security groups.
- Reliable. Performance and reliability are backed by HP’s Service Level Agreement with at least 99.95% monthly availability.
On the other hand, WebFaction provides the following key features:
- 100GB diskspace, RAID-10 setup
- 512MB application RAM
- Free RAM for web and database servers