IBM - API Connect vs Runscope: What are the differences?
Developers describe IBM - API Connect as "A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management". A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management. On the other hand, Runscope is detailed as "API Performance Monitoring". Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring.
IBM - API Connect and Runscope can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by IBM - API Connect are:
- Create scalable and secure APIs for application servers, databases, enterprise service buses (ESB) and mainframes
- Manage—create and manage portals that allow developers to quickly discover and consume APIs and securely access enterprise data, and monitor APIs to improve performance.
- Secure—Administrators can manage security and governance over APIs and the microservices. IT can set and enforce API policies to secure back-end information assets and comply with governance and regulatory mandates.
On the other hand, Runscope provides the following key features:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
"Innovated Approach, Super customer support" is the primary reason why developers consider IBM - API Connect over the competitors, whereas "Great features" was stated as the key factor in picking Runscope.