imgix vs Uploadcare: What are the differences?
imgix: Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs; Uploadcare: File uploads, media processing, and adaptive delivery for web and mobile. Uploadcare is a complete file handling platform for online business. Receive files from you users via File Uploader or File Upload API, implement image optimization and transformations with Image CDN API, and get HIPAA-compliant storage.
imgix and Uploadcare are primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" and "File Uploads" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by imgix are:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
On the other hand, Uploadcare provides the following key features:
- Stores files in Uploadcare Storage or connects to your AWS S3 buckets
- Delivers content in an instant across 5 continents with Uploadcare CDN
- Takes minutes to integrate thanks to series of guides for most popular Web platforms, programming languages, and frameworks
"Image processing on demand" is the primary reason why developers consider imgix over the competitors, whereas "Great team" was stated as the key factor in picking Uploadcare.
According to the StackShare community, imgix has a broader approval, being mentioned in 55 company stacks & 6 developers stacks; compared to Uploadcare, which is listed in 13 company stacks and 4 developer stacks.