IronMQ vs RabbitMQ: What are the differences?
IronMQ: Message Queue for any deployment. An easy-to-use highly available message queuing service. Built for distributed cloud applications with critical messaging needs. Provides on-demand message queuing with advanced features and cloud-optimized performance; RabbitMQ: A messaging broker - an intermediary for messaging. RabbitMQ gives your applications a common platform to send and receive messages, and your messages a safe place to live until received.
IronMQ and RabbitMQ belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by IronMQ are:
- Instant High Availability- Runs on top cloud infrastructures and uses multiple high-availability data centers. Uses reliable datastores for message durability and persistence.
- Easy to Use- IronMQ is super easy to use. Simply connect directly to the API endpoints and you're ready to create and use queues. There are also client libraries available in any language you want – Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, .NET, Go, Node.JS, and more
- Scalable / High Performance- Built using high-performance languages designed for concurrency and runs on industrial-strength clouds. Push messages and stream data at will without worrying about memory limits or adding more servers.
On the other hand, RabbitMQ provides the following key features:
- Robust messaging for applications
- Easy to use
- Runs on all major operating systems
"Great Support" is the primary reason why developers consider IronMQ over the competitors, whereas "It's fast and it works with good metrics/monitoring" was stated as the key factor in picking RabbitMQ.
RabbitMQ is an open source tool with 5.94K GitHub stars and 1.78K GitHub forks. Here's a link to RabbitMQ's open source repository on GitHub.
reddit, 9GAG, and Rainist are some of the popular companies that use RabbitMQ, whereas IronMQ is used by HotelTonight, Coinbase, and Hubble. RabbitMQ has a broader approval, being mentioned in 940 company stacks & 548 developers stacks; compared to IronMQ, which is listed in 9 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is IronMQ?
What is RabbitMQ?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions