Joyent Cloud vs Rackspace Cloud Servers: What are the differences?
What is Joyent Cloud? Cloud Infrastructure for Real-time Web and Mobile Applications. Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers? Powerful Linux and Windows servers in minutes. Cloud Servers is based on OpenStack, the open and scalable operating system for building public and private clouds. With the open cloud, you get reliable cloud hosting, without locking your data into one proprietary platform.
Joyent Cloud and Rackspace Cloud Servers belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Joyent Cloud are:
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
On the other hand, Rackspace Cloud Servers provides the following key features:
- 100% power and network uptime guarantee
- Cloud choice- We run the world’s largest open cloud, giving you flexibility, choice, and no vendor lock-in. That means your workloads are portable. Host them with any open cloud vendor—or even in your own data center.
- Technical expertise- We employ more Red Hat® Certified Engineers than any other hosting company. And over 100 Rackspace employees have earned the title of Microsoft® Certified Professional.
"High-performance" is the top reason why over 3 developers like Joyent Cloud, while over 41 developers mention "Quick and reliable cloud servers" as the leading cause for choosing Rackspace Cloud Servers.
According to the StackShare community, Rackspace Cloud Servers has a broader approval, being mentioned in 109 company stacks & 24 developers stacks; compared to Joyent Cloud, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Joyent Cloud?
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions