Rackspace Cloud Servers vs Scaleway: What are the differences?
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers? Powerful Linux and Windows servers in minutes. Cloud Servers is based on OpenStack, the open and scalable operating system for building public and private clouds. With the open cloud, you get reliable cloud hosting, without locking your data into one proprietary platform.
What is Scaleway? BareMetal SSD cloud servers. Scaleway is the best platform to deploy BareMetal ARM & X64 SSD cloud servers. Enjoy a new cloud computing experience!.
Rackspace Cloud Servers and Scaleway belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Rackspace Cloud Servers are:
- 100% power and network uptime guarantee
- Cloud choice- We run the world’s largest open cloud, giving you flexibility, choice, and no vendor lock-in. That means your workloads are portable. Host them with any open cloud vendor—or even in your own data center.
- Technical expertise- We employ more Red Hat® Certified Engineers than any other hosting company. And over 100 Rackspace employees have earned the title of Microsoft® Certified Professional.
On the other hand, Scaleway provides the following key features:
- A fantastic user experience that gives you the power to spawn your servers in two clicks.
- Deploy dedicated SSD servers with constant and predictable performance in 44 seconds.
- Uptime and response time guarantee for mission critical services backed by our 24x7 support team.
"Quick and reliable cloud servers" is the primary reason why developers consider Rackspace Cloud Servers over the competitors, whereas "Scalable" was stated as the key factor in picking Scaleway.
According to the StackShare community, Rackspace Cloud Servers has a broader approval, being mentioned in 109 company stacks & 24 developers stacks; compared to Scaleway, which is listed in 16 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers?
What is Scaleway?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Rackspace Cloud Servers?
What are the cons of using Scaleway?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Rackspace plays nice with Windows Server 2013. It is the most customizable platform I have worked with so far and the closest to running a private server. The dev tools are great and if you want to work in a familiar environment with as much customizability as you want this is the right server for you.
For our cloud infrastructure, I cannot recommend Rackspace higher. They have consistently knocked it out of the park for us, especially in terms of direct support and help even beyond the call of duty.
I used Rackspace virtual machines for all my dynamic web applications until switching to Digital ocean. I still like and recommend Rackspace.
Our hosting partner for four years running. Rackspace continually evolves to meet their customers' needs.
Used for Cast + DJ servers. As well as smaller servers for internal services.
Content is distributed via Rackspace CDN for faster file access