rest-hapi vs Runscope: What are the differences?
What is rest-hapi? A RESTful API generator. A hapi plugin intended to abstract the work involved in setting up an API for the purpose of rapid app development. At the same time it provides a powerful combination of relational structure with NoSQL flexibility. You define your models and the rest is done for you.
What is Runscope? API Performance Monitoring. Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring.
rest-hapi and Runscope can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by rest-hapi are:
- Automatic generation of CRUD endpoints with middleware support
- Automatic generation of association endpoints
- joi validation
On the other hand, Runscope provides the following key features:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
rest-hapi is an open source tool with 897 GitHub stars and 111 GitHub forks. Here's a link to rest-hapi's open source repository on GitHub.
What is rest-hapi?
What is Runscope?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose rest-hapi?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using rest-hapi?
What are the cons of using Runscope?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Used Runscope for monitoring API uptime and data validation in context of the Harald beacon platform.