Runscope vs Shields.io: What are the differences?
Runscope: API Performance Monitoring. Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring; Shields.io: GitHub badges as a service. Legible & concise status badges for third-party codebase services.
Runscope and Shields.io belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Runscope are:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
On the other hand, Shields.io provides the following key features:
- Have your own GitHub badges
- Visual consistency
- Look good on high-res displays
"Great features" is the primary reason why developers consider Runscope over the competitors, whereas "Easiest way to create lovely badges" was stated as the key factor in picking Shields.io.
Shields.io is an open source tool with 8.53K GitHub stars and 2.01K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Shields.io's open source repository on GitHub.
CrowdFlower, Docusign, and Fitbit are some of the popular companies that use Runscope, whereas Shields.io is used by Travis CI, Coveralls, and Movielala. Runscope has a broader approval, being mentioned in 38 company stacks & 7 developers stacks; compared to Shields.io, which is listed in 7 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
What is Runscope?
What is Shields.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Runscope?
What are the cons of using Shields.io?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Shields.io?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Used Runscope for monitoring API uptime and data validation in context of the Harald beacon platform.