Amazon S3 vs RunAbove: What are the differences?
What is Amazon S3? Store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. Amazon Simple Storage Service provides a fully redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.
What is RunAbove? Extreme High-Performance Cloud Computing & Object Storage. We give you full access to the OpenStack API, which our compute (Nova) and storage (Swift) solutions are based on. This means no provider lock-in and easy automation of all your deployments. You can also manage your account and billing details via our RESTful API. You can choose between Horizon or OVH's easy-to-use web panel.
Amazon S3 and RunAbove belong to "Cloud Storage" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon S3 are:
- Write, read, and delete objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data each. The number of objects you can store is unlimited.
- Each object is stored in a bucket and retrieved via a unique, developer-assigned key.
- A bucket can be stored in one of several Regions. You can choose a Region to optimize for latency, minimize costs, or address regulatory requirements. Amazon S3 is currently available in the US Standard, US West (Oregon), US West (Northern California), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Asia Pacific (Sydney), South America (Sao Paulo), and GovCloud (US) Regions. The US Standard Region automatically routes requests to facilities in Northern Virginia or the Pacific Northwest using network maps.
On the other hand, RunAbove provides the following key features:
- OpenStack Nova and Swift API
- Ready to use SDKs
- Easy to use Runabove API
"Reliable" is the top reason why over 589 developers like Amazon S3, while over 2 developers mention "SSDs" as the leading cause for choosing RunAbove.
What is Amazon S3?
What is RunAbove?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using RunAbove?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Insanely low prices, quite easy to use, and they're fast. Plus they provide great support. And they're integrated with other AWS services, like CloudFront.
Seriously, this is the best service of it's kind out there.
We store the software components that CloudRepo stores for its customers here for the following reasons:
- Data is Encrypted at Rest
- Data is stored across multiple physical locations
- Pricing is competitive
- Reliability is industry leading and our customers need to be able to access their data at all times list text here
In October 2008 we moved to using scribe (now a custom branch), which has served us very well over the past 5+ years that we’ve been using it. We take the logs scribe aggregates and move them into Amazon S3 for storage, which makes using EMR on AWS seamless.
S3 serves as zero-knowledge temporary storage. Files are encrypted in the browser before being uploaded in chunks to S3. When the target recipient downloads them the chunks are reassembled and decrypted in the browser. Files expire after a week and the encrypted chunks are permanently deleted from S3.
Since we generate a static website for our website, AWS S3 provides hosting for us so that we don't have to run our own servers just to serve up static content.
The pricing is great as you only pay for what you use.