Blackfire.io vs Opsmatic: What are the differences?
Developers describe Blackfire.io as "Blackfire Profiler automatically instruments your code to gather data about consumed server resources like memory, CPU time, and I/O". Blackfire achieves a new level of accuracy by aggregating several profile samples and getting rid of non relevant data. Get even deeper and review the interactions with your entire stack (SQL database engines, cache servers, ...). On the other hand, Opsmatic is detailed as "Complete configuration and live state monitoring with automatic drift detection". Configuration monitoring with automatic drift detection. Tools to compare host states and visualize activity, helping you solve problems faster. Shared visibility for your entire technical team.
Blackfire.io and Opsmatic belong to "Performance Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Blackfire.io are:
- Profile a page at a mouse click thanks to the Blackfire web browser extension
- Browse through the function calls and identify performance bottlenecks thanks to the Blackfire intuitive UI
- Because Blackfire is only triggered when you profile a request, there is no overhead for other requests
On the other hand, Opsmatic provides the following key features:
- Drift detection for host groups
- Run failure alerts for Chef and Puppet
- Infrastructure-wide search