Capistrano vs ScriptRock: What are the differences?
Developers describe Capistrano as "A remote server automation and deployment tool written in Ruby". Capistrano is a remote server automation tool. It supports the scripting and execution of arbitrary tasks, and includes a set of sane-default deployment workflows. On the other hand, ScriptRock is detailed as "QA for DevOps". ScriptRock helps you scan, compare and control configurations and changes in the datacenter or the cloud.
Capistrano and ScriptRock can be categorized as "Server Configuration and Automation" tools.
Some of the features offered by Capistrano are:
- Reliably deploy web application to any number of machines simultaneously, in sequence or as a rolling set
- Automate audits of any number of machines (checking login logs, enumerating uptimes, and/or applying security patches)
- Script arbitrary workflows over SSH
On the other hand, ScriptRock provides the following key features:
- End To End Visibility - Get visibility of your environment at the push of a button
- Comparisons In Context - Quickly identify differences across machines to pinpoint drift
- Easy To Use - Change the way you manage configurations and change
Capistrano is an open source tool with 11.1K GitHub stars and 1.71K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Capistrano's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Capistrano?
What is ScriptRock?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose ScriptRock?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Capistrano?
What are the cons of using ScriptRock?
What companies use ScriptRock?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
For deploying to a VPS like DigitalOcean. This pairs nicely with https://github.com/cyrusstoller/gardenbed.
Deployment automation all of the websites and apps are deployed to linux via capistrano.