Checkly vs RAML: What are the differences?
What is Checkly? Fresh API monitoring and Site Transaction Monitoring. Checkly provides a better way to monitor your API endpoints and browser click flows from a single, simple dashboard. Built for dev & ops teams.
What is RAML? RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly.
Checkly and RAML can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Checkly are:
- API monitoring
- Full HTTP request editor for headers, params, body etc
- Environment variables, encrypted for secrets
On the other hand, RAML provides the following key features:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns