CircleCI vs Travis CI: What are the differences?
CircleCI: Automate your development process quickly, safely, and at scale. Continuous integration and delivery platform helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Offers a modern software development platform that lets teams ramp; Travis CI: A hosted continuous integration service for open source and private projects. Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
CircleCI and Travis CI can be primarily classified as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by CircleCI are:
- Language-Inclusive Support
- Custom Environments
- Flexible Resource Allocation
On the other hand, Travis CI provides the following key features:
- Easy Setup- Getting started with Travis CI is as easy as enabling a project, adding basic build instructions to your project and committing code.
- Supports Your Platform- Lots of databases and services are pre-installed and can simply be enabled in your build configuration, we'll launch them for you automatically. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Riak, RabbitMQ, Memcached are available by default.
- Deploy With Confidence- Deploying to production after a successful build is as easy as setting up a bit of configuration, and we'll deploy your code to Heroku, Engine Yard Cloud, Nodejitsu, cloudControl, OpenShift, and CloudFoundry.
"Github integration", "Easy setup" and "Fast builds" are the key factors why developers consider CircleCI; whereas "Github integration", "Free for open source" and "Easy to get started" are the primary reasons why Travis CI is favored.
Instacart, Lyft, and StackShare are some of the popular companies that use CircleCI, whereas Travis CI is used by Lyft, Heroku, and Rainist. CircleCI has a broader approval, being mentioned in 943 company stacks & 388 developers stacks; compared to Travis CI, which is listed in 670 company stacks and 624 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is CircleCI?
What is Travis CI?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions