cloudControl vs octohost: What are the differences?
What is octohost? Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server. octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
cloudControl and octohost belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by cloudControl are:
- Develop and push code in any language- Native support for Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and more without vendor lock-in.
- Deploy and scale your apps easily- Launch new versions without downtime and use horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Use the flexible and secure runtime environment- Run your code in secure Linux containers and easily use Add-on services to add databases and more.
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.