Customer.io vs Mixpanel: What are the differences?
Developers describe Customer.io as "Send email based on what people do (or don't do) on a web or mobile app". Send segmented newsletters without bugging developers. Change transactional emails without re-deploying your app. Create lifecycle emails to activate more customers. On the other hand, Mixpanel is detailed as "Actions speak louder than page views". Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them.
Customer.io can be classified as a tool in the "Engagement/Lifecycle Marketing" category, while Mixpanel is grouped under "Funnel Analysis Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Customer.io are:
- Segment in real-time with up to date data from your app. Email people who have spent at least $100 but haven't been back in a month.
- Friendly editor lets anyone write emails
- No lists to manage and you won't have to ask developers to export data for you.
On the other hand, Mixpanel provides the following key features:
- Build complex queries without writing SQL.- Segmentation allows you to do incredibly powerful data analysis. Answer complex questions such as “Show me the age breakdown of people who are male, from the United States, and viewed the pricing page” with just a few mouse clicks.
- Segmentation actually understands your data. When you send a number, date, or list of items our interface will automatically figure out how to use it.
- Instead of just a simple average, which only gives you a small part of the information you need, Segmentation automatically determines the perfect bucket size to give you a powerful visualization of the numeric distribution.
"Behavior based emails" is the primary reason why developers consider Customer.io over the competitors, whereas "Great visualization ui" was stated as the key factor in picking Mixpanel.
Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Stripe are some of the popular companies that use Mixpanel, whereas Customer.io is used by Trello, Accenture, and Segment. Mixpanel has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1841 company stacks & 197 developers stacks; compared to Customer.io, which is listed in 185 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
What is Customer.io?
What is Mixpanel?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Customer.io?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I am using Mixpanel in a Saas App, it's the most advanced analytics platform ever. I have used similar products in the past and Mixpanel beats every other product out there.
The main feature I like is the funnels, which give some actionable insights regarding my product, I was able to make feature decisions based on this. I was even able to make critical decisions regarding the work flow.
Also now with their People feature , I am able to automate email notification based on users activity.
Using Mixpanel to track events tells me what language users are switching to, what the most popular themes are and how often users are starting video chats. It also gives me a tool to experiment quickly with "fake" buttons and see if users click them. This enables me to validate the need for new features before fully building them out.
Used to gather metrics in Coolfront Mobile for "Charlie" (Flat rate search engine) search behaviors (e.g. How end users are searching and finding repairs). Results from data are then used to "train" search engine to become "smarter".
Mixpanel API is integrated to the Flutter app to track the events in real time. It helps to analyze the user's behavior in the app and see if the application and its features are intuitively clear to the users.
[Not currently used] We had hopes to employ this product as it has some very cool features.