DigitalOcean vs Engine Yard Cloud: What are the differences?
Developers describe DigitalOcean as "Deploy an SSD cloud server in less than 55 seconds with a dedicated IP and root access". We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel. On the other hand, Engine Yard Cloud is detailed as "Deploy and scale Rails applications in the cloud". The Engine Yard Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a product family that leverages open source technologies to orchestrate and automate the configuration, deployment and management of applications on multiple infrastructures.
DigitalOcean belongs to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack, while Engine Yard Cloud can be primarily classified under "Platform as a Service".
Some of the features offered by DigitalOcean are:
- We provide all of our users with high-performance SSD Hard Drives, flexible API, and the ability to select to nearest data center location.
- SSD Cloud Servers in 55 Seconds
- We provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power and virtual server availability. If we fail to deliver, we’ll credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
On the other hand, Engine Yard Cloud provides the following key features:
- Dedicated, secure, commercial-grade platform that increases agility
- Focus on your code - not on operations or platform maintenance
- Scale cloud applications and infrastructure rapidly
"Great value for money" is the primary reason why developers consider DigitalOcean over the competitors, whereas "Great customer support" was stated as the key factor in picking Engine Yard Cloud.
DigitalOcean, Techstars, and BRIKA are some of the popular companies that use DigitalOcean, whereas Engine Yard Cloud is used by ChallengePost, Concordia Technology Solutions, and CoolWorks. DigitalOcean has a broader approval, being mentioned in 936 company stacks & 674 developers stacks; compared to Engine Yard Cloud, which is listed in 8 company stacks and 4 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is DigitalOcean?
What is Engine Yard Cloud?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions