Domino vs Engine Yard Cloud: What are the differences?
Developers describe Domino as "A PaaS for data science - easily run R, Python or Matlab code in the cloud with automatic version control for data, code, and results". Use our cloud-hosted infrastructure to securely run your code on powerful hardware with a single command — without any changes to your code. If you have your own infrastructure, our Enterprise offering provides powerful, easy-to-use cluster management functionality behind your firewall. On the other hand, Engine Yard Cloud is detailed as "Deploy and scale Rails applications in the cloud". The Engine Yard Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a product family that leverages open source technologies to orchestrate and automate the configuration, deployment and management of applications on multiple infrastructures.
Domino and Engine Yard Cloud can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Domino are:
- Domino Cloud supports the most powerful data analysis languages — Python, R, MATLAB, and Julia
- Modern and powerful cluster management
- Use a single-core machine during development
On the other hand, Engine Yard Cloud provides the following key features:
- Dedicated, secure, commercial-grade platform that increases agility
- Focus on your code - not on operations or platform maintenance
- Scale cloud applications and infrastructure rapidly