Engine Yard Cloud vs Jelastic: What are the differences?
What is Engine Yard Cloud? Deploy and scale Rails applications in the cloud. The Engine Yard Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a product family that leverages open source technologies to orchestrate and automate the configuration, deployment and management of applications on multiple infrastructures.
What is Jelastic? Java and PHP Cloud Hosting. Jelastic is the next generation of Java hosting platforms which can run and scale ANY Java application with no code changes required.
Engine Yard Cloud and Jelastic belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Engine Yard Cloud are:
- Dedicated, secure, commercial-grade platform that increases agility
- Focus on your code - not on operations or platform maintenance
- Scale cloud applications and infrastructure rapidly
On the other hand, Jelastic provides the following key features:
- Set up environment in seconds
- No installation or configuration
- No APIs to code to
"Great customer support" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Engine Yard Cloud, while over 7 developers mention "Managed hosting" as the leading cause for choosing Jelastic.