Firebase vs Leanplum: What are the differences?
What is Firebase? The Realtime App Platform. Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
What is Leanplum? The most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Our integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. We offer Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Firebase can be classified as a tool in the "Realtime Backend / API" category, while Leanplum is grouped under "Mobile A/B Testing".
Some of the features offered by Firebase are:
- Add the Firebase library to your app and get access to a shared data structure. Any changes made to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
- Firebase apps can be written entirely with client-side code, update in real-time out-of-the-box, interoperate well with existing services, scale automatically, and provide strong data security.
- Data Accessibility- Data is stored as JSON in Firebase. Every piece of data has its own URL which can be used in Firebase's client libraries and as a REST endpoint. These URLs can also be entered into a browser to view the data and watch it update in real-time.
On the other hand, Leanplum provides the following key features:
- Messaging - Deliver messages across multiple channels and increase relevancy by coordinating with in-app content.
- Automation - Respond to in-app activities at scale during every stage of the customer journey.
- App Editing - Take full control of your app experience without developer resources or App Store resubmissions.