FireHost vs Rackspace Cloud Servers: What are the differences?
FireHost: Secure cloud provider that reduces risk by putting security and compliance first. FireHost offers the most comprehensive fully managed cloud infrastructure-as-a-service available today, built specifically for the needs of companies governed by PCI and HIPAA compliance regulations. Some of the largest healthcare, payments and SaaS companies in the world subscribe to FireHost’s secure cloud to ensure their data is safe and always available; Rackspace Cloud Servers: Powerful Linux and Windows servers in minutes. Cloud Servers is based on OpenStack, the open and scalable operating system for building public and private clouds. With the open cloud, you get reliable cloud hosting, without locking your data into one proprietary platform.
FireHost and Rackspace Cloud Servers belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by FireHost are:
- FireHost’s HealthData Repository is a secure cloud built for HIPAA compliance that provides a safe haven for electronic healthcare records (EHR), electronic protected healthcare information (ePHI), and other sensitive data.
- Payment Island is a secure, PCI-compliant cloud that isolates critical data from the rest of an IT infrastructure and applies FireHost’s unique multilayered security to prevent devastating data breaches.
- FireHost’s secure cloud reduces risk by helping you protect data and exceed compliance. It is backed by FireHost’s security specialists and compliance experts. No other cloud provider has a chief security officer, chief information security officer, and a full-fledged security operations team protecting its customers in a secure cloud environment.
On the other hand, Rackspace Cloud Servers provides the following key features:
- 100% power and network uptime guarantee
- Cloud choice- We run the world’s largest open cloud, giving you flexibility, choice, and no vendor lock-in. That means your workloads are portable. Host them with any open cloud vendor—or even in your own data center.
- Technical expertise- We employ more Red Hat® Certified Engineers than any other hosting company. And over 100 Rackspace employees have earned the title of Microsoft® Certified Professional.
What is FireHost?
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using FireHost?
What are the cons of using Rackspace Cloud Servers?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with FireHost?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Rackspace plays nice with Windows Server 2013. It is the most customizable platform I have worked with so far and the closest to running a private server. The dev tools are great and if you want to work in a familiar environment with as much customizability as you want this is the right server for you.
For our cloud infrastructure, I cannot recommend Rackspace higher. They have consistently knocked it out of the park for us, especially in terms of direct support and help even beyond the call of duty.
I used Rackspace virtual machines for all my dynamic web applications until switching to Digital ocean. I still like and recommend Rackspace.
Our hosting partner for four years running. Rackspace continually evolves to meet their customers' needs.
Content is distributed via Rackspace CDN for faster file access