HP Cloud Compute vs Linode: What are the differences?
HP Cloud Compute: Deploy Scalable Virtual Servers on Demand. Now backed by an industry-leading Service Level Agreement, HP Cloud Compute delivers reliable computing resources to handle your production workloads. Configure and scale your capacity in an open cloud environment. With HP Cloud Compute, you gain control over your workloads while only paying for the resources you actually use; Linode: Deploy and Manage Linux Virtual Servers in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
HP Cloud Compute and Linode can be primarily classified as "Cloud Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by HP Cloud Compute are:
- Open. Avoid vendor lock-in by using open source-based architecture and standards-based APIs.
- Control. You have control of your instances and app development. Use root-level access to deploy applications, install required packages, and customize default security groups.
- Reliable. Performance and reliability are backed by HP’s Service Level Agreement with at least 99.95% monthly availability.
On the other hand, Linode provides the following key features:
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles