Joyent Cloud vs Linode: What are the differences?
What is Joyent Cloud? Cloud Infrastructure for Real-time Web and Mobile Applications. Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
What is Linode? Deploy and Manage Linux Virtual Servers in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
Joyent Cloud and Linode can be categorized as "Cloud Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by Joyent Cloud are:
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
On the other hand, Linode provides the following key features:
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles
"High-performance" is the primary reason why developers consider Joyent Cloud over the competitors, whereas "Extremely reliable" was stated as the key factor in picking Linode.
According to the StackShare community, Linode has a broader approval, being mentioned in 130 company stacks & 38 developers stacks; compared to Joyent Cloud, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
What is Joyent Cloud?
What is Linode?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Joyent Cloud?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
My primary OS is LINUX, Linode gives me everything I need in hosting service.
Enough RAM for the price, high speed network and CPUs.