RightScale vs ProsperOps: What are the differences?
RightScale: Manage all of your cloud infrastructure with a single, integrated solution. Automation is the core of RightScale, freeing you to run efficient, scalable, and highly-available applications. Our multi-cloud integration enables you to choose your own clouds, providing freedom to work with any vendor in a rapidly changing market. And rest assured knowing that you have visibility and control over all of your resources in one place. To take advantage of best practices, we encourage you to tap into cloud expertise provided by our service, support, and partner networks when building and managing your infrastructure; ProsperOps: *Simple, automated Reserved Instance planning and management for AWS EC2 *. It is autonomous AWS Reserved Instance Management It algorithmically builds and maintains the optimal RI portfolio to maximize your RI savings, even as your EC2 instance use changes. Save time, save money, and never worry about RIs again.
RightScale and ProsperOps can be categorized as "Cloud Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by RightScale are:
- Supports: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Datapipe, Google Cloud Platform, HP Cloud, IDCF — Yahoo! Japan, Rackspace, SoftLayer, Windows Azure, CloudStack, OpenStack
- Access, manage, and configure all of your resources — compute, networking, and storage — across all of your clouds.
- See and manipulate all of your cloud servers in one place.
On the other hand, ProsperOps provides the following key features:
- Configurable controls - Customer-defined constraints govern our actions...you're always in control
- Existing RI support - It seamlessly assumes management of your existing EC2 RIs
- 24x7 usage monitoring -EC2 usage is monitored in real-time for savings opportunities