SignalFx vs Splunk Cloud: What are the differences?
SignalFx: Monitoring and Operational Intelligence for the Cloud. We provide operational intelligence for today’s elastic architectures through monitoring specifically designed for microservices and containers with: -powerful and proactive alerting -metrics aggregation -visualization into time series data; Splunk Cloud: Easy and fast way to analyze valuable machine data with the convenience of software as a service (SaaS). If you're looking for all the benefits of Splunk® Enterprise with all the benefits of software-as-a-service, then look no further. Splunk Cloud is backed by a 100% uptime SLA, scales to over 10TB/day, and offers a highly secure environment.
SignalFx can be classified as a tool in the "Performance Monitoring" category, while Splunk Cloud is grouped under "Log Management".
Some of the features offered by SignalFx are:
- Beautiful streaming visualizations
- Meaningful, fast alerting using SignalFlow analytics
- High resolution metrics up to 1 sec
On the other hand, Splunk Cloud provides the following key features:
- Splunk Cloud delivers all the features of award-winning Splunk® Enterprise, as a cloud-based service. The platform provides access to various apps and enables centralized visibility across cloud, hybrid and on-premises environments
- Instant: Instant trial and instant conversion from POC to production
- Secure: Completed SOC2 Type 2 Attestation*. Dedicated cloud environments for each customer
According to the StackShare community, Splunk Cloud has a broader approval, being mentioned in 10 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to SignalFx, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
What is SignalFx?
What is Splunk Cloud?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using SignalFx?
What are the cons of using Splunk Cloud?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use SignalFx to monitor all of SignalFx.. that include the entire stack from core services like Cassandra and AWS EC2 up through custom application metrics from SignalFx itself.