SignalFx vs TraceView: What are the differences?
Developers describe SignalFx as "Monitoring and Operational Intelligence for the Cloud". We provide operational intelligence for today’s elastic architectures through monitoring specifically designed for microservices and containers with: -powerful and proactive alerting -metrics aggregation -visualization into time series data. On the other hand, TraceView is detailed as "Ridiculously Detailed Application Monitoring". Expose everything, from the webserver to database, cache and API calls. The core technology is based on X-Trace, a distributed tracing framework that’s served as the inspiration for companies like Google and Twitter.
SignalFx and TraceView belong to "Performance Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by SignalFx are:
- Beautiful streaming visualizations
- Meaningful, fast alerting using SignalFlow analytics
- High resolution metrics up to 1 sec
On the other hand, TraceView provides the following key features:
- Track every machine involved in a transaction and identify bottlenecks in a single click.
- Isolate interesting calls and drill down to the line of code and machine it ran on.
- Tie together code and infrastructure metrics with database, service, and cache calls, all in the context of a single transaction.