Trello vs waffle.io: What are the differences?
What is Trello? Your entire project, in a single glance. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
What is waffle.io? Simple project management for your GitHub issues, free for open source. Track priority and rank for your GitHub issues across multiple repositories. Automatically see issues moved across a board for you, when you open pull requests or create branches.
Trello can be classified as a tool in the "Project Management" category, while waffle.io is grouped under "Kanban for GitHub Issues".
Some of the features offered by Trello are:
- Add a checklist to keep on top of all those little to-dos. There’s also a nice, big progress meter, because who doesn’t love a nice, big progress meter?
- Got a relevant file, image, or document? Attach it right to the card, and you’ll never have to go scrambling through your inbox looking for it later.
- Attach photos, drawings, sketches, and mockups to quickly illustrate ideas at a glance.
On the other hand, waffle.io provides the following key features:
- Issues displayed in columns based on GitHub labels
- Realtime updates
- Automatically moves issues across states when you take actions like creating Pull Requests
"Great for collaboration" is the top reason why over 701 developers like Trello, while over 41 developers mention "Tight integration with github issues" as the leading cause for choosing waffle.io.
Medium, Stack Exchange, and StackShare are some of the popular companies that use Trello, whereas waffle.io is used by Movielala, triGo GmbH, and Key Location. Trello has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2181 company stacks & 1770 developers stacks; compared to waffle.io, which is listed in 37 company stacks and 23 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Trello?
What is waffle.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions