Airbrake vs App Enlight: What are the differences?
Airbrake: Airbrake captures and groups errors in Ruby, iOS, Django, PHP & more. Airbrake collects errors for your applications in all major languages and frameworks. We alert you to new errors and give you critical context, trends and details needed to find and fix errors fast; App Enlight: Track errors and performance issues in your app. App Enlight provides a helpful interface to let you and your team save time spent on debugging and reproducing exceptions and performance issues from a production environment.
Airbrake and App Enlight can be primarily classified as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Airbrake are:
- Dupe Detection- Developers will only receive an email once when an error occurs — rather than getting buried under an error email avalanche.
- Auto Resolve- An action on each application deployment — that way developers can focus on the problems that exist today, not the ones from last month.
- Github Aware- Airbrake is github-aware, and can link code in your Airbrake error stack traces to the corresponding locations on github.
On the other hand, App Enlight provides the following key features:
- Provides exception tracking including local variables
- Gathers global performance metrics per server
- Provides application response times, throughput divided by layers and distinct views/controllers
"Reliable" is the primary reason why developers consider Airbrake over the competitors, whereas "Instant setup" was stated as the key factor in picking App Enlight.
What is Airbrake?
What is App Enlight?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using App Enlight?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
The best tool to monitor whole application stack. Also best tool to look for bottlenecks. Service is running without any problems for many many months. Best spent money for web developer tool.
Efficiently trace and detect errors in the stack without having to explicitly setup error tracking for each action.