Amplitude vs Google Analytics: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amplitude as "User analytics to fuel explosive user growth". Amplitude provides scalable mobile analytics that helps companies leverage data to create explosive user growth. Anyone in the company can use Amplitude to pinpoint the most valuable behavioral patterns within hours. On the other hand, Google Analytics is detailed as "Enterprise-class web analytics". Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
Amplitude belongs to "Mobile Analytics" category of the tech stack, while Google Analytics can be primarily classified under "General Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Amplitude are:
- Real-time user analytics, including funnels, retention, flexible user segmentation, and revenue analysis.
- Microscope: Explore the user behavior behind any data point. Compare the behavior of engaged vs. churned users.
- Growth Discovery Engine: Identify behaviors that are predictive of retention or conversion and drive explosive user growth.
On the other hand, Google Analytics provides the following key features:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
"Great for product managers" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Amplitude, while over 1476 developers mention "Free" as the leading cause for choosing Google Analytics.
According to the StackShare community, Google Analytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 15336 company stacks & 2438 developers stacks; compared to Amplitude, which is listed in 111 company stacks and 19 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amplitude?
What is Google Analytics?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions