AppFog vs Envoyer: What are the differences?
AppFog: Simple PaaS for Java, Python, Node, .Net, Ruby, PHP, MySQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQL. AppFog provides the infrastructure web developers need to build apps without worrying about IT tasks or having to wait days to get servers ready for writing code. AppFog’s web application technologies include PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, MySQL, and PostgreSQL; Envoyer: A brand new way to deploy PHP and Laravel applications with zero downtime. Envoyer deploys your PHP applications with zero downtime. Just push your code, and let Envoyer deliver your application to one or many servers without interrupting a single customer. In this series, we'll discuss each feature of Envoyer, demonstrating how to use them with a sample project.
AppFog and Envoyer can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AppFog are:
- Launches fast, runs fast- Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work- No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM- Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
On the other hand, Envoyer provides the following key features:
- GitHub / Bitbucket Integration
- Seamless Deployment Rollbacks
- Deploy To Multiple Servers