Blackfire.io vs LogicMonitor: What are the differences?
What is Blackfire.io? Blackfire Profiler automatically instruments your code to gather data about consumed server resources like memory, CPU time, and I/O. Blackfire achieves a new level of accuracy by aggregating several profile samples and getting rid of non relevant data. Get even deeper and review the interactions with your entire stack (SQL database engines, cache servers, ...).
What is LogicMonitor? SaaS-based, automated IT performance monitoring platform for On-Premise, Hybrid, and Cloud infrastructures. LogicMonitor provides the end-to-end visibility needed to maintain the performance and availability of business applications. It leverages automation and built-in intelligence to monitor today's complex and distributed infrastructures.
Blackfire.io and LogicMonitor belong to "Performance Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Blackfire.io are:
- Profile a page at a mouse click thanks to the Blackfire web browser extension
- Browse through the function calls and identify performance bottlenecks thanks to the Blackfire intuitive UI
- Because Blackfire is only triggered when you profile a request, there is no overhead for other requests
On the other hand, LogicMonitor provides the following key features:
- Full Stack Performance Monitoring
- Pre-configured monitoring, with built-in alert thresholds, for 1000+ technologies
- Works with any Deployment Model: On-prem, Hybrid, & Hybrid Cloud
"Deep insights into PHP request cycle" is the top reason why over 4 developers like Blackfire.io, while over 2 developers mention "Auto discovery" as the leading cause for choosing LogicMonitor.