Blackfire.io vs Server Density: What are the differences?
What is Blackfire.io? Blackfire Profiler automatically instruments your code to gather data about consumed server resources like memory, CPU time, and I/O. Blackfire achieves a new level of accuracy by aggregating several profile samples and getting rid of non relevant data. Get even deeper and review the interactions with your entire stack (SQL database engines, cache servers, ...).
What is Server Density? Trusted monitoring built by experts. SaaS-based scalable infrastructure monitoring to help businesses save time and money. With advanced server and website monitoring alerts, graphing tools and integrations with all major cloud service providers.
Blackfire.io and Server Density can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blackfire.io are:
- Profile a page at a mouse click thanks to the Blackfire web browser extension
- Browse through the function calls and identify performance bottlenecks thanks to the Blackfire intuitive UI
- Because Blackfire is only triggered when you profile a request, there is no overhead for other requests
On the other hand, Server Density provides the following key features:
- Open source agent, plugin library, full API and Nagios compatibility
- Automatic install via script, system packages, Puppet, Chef, Ansible & Salt Stack
- Apps for iOS, Android, Apple TV and Slackbot
What is Blackfire.io?
What is Server Density?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Blackfire.io?
What are the cons of using Server Density?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Used as main Server Monitoring (load averages, system metrics) and App Monitoring (via custom plugins) tool. Both for graphing data as for sending alerts.
Profiling of slow requests. It helps to understand the bootstrapping and the whole requests cycle.