CopperEgg vs Mist.io: What are the differences?
What is CopperEgg? Cloud monitoring for your servers, websites, processes, and web applications. Continuous visibility and cloud monitoring for all your servers – hosted or private, Linux or Windows. Works great with Amazon EC2, Rackspace, or any public or private cloud.
What is Mist.io? Manage and monitor servers across clouds with any web device. Create, reboot or destroy virtual machines. View their metadata, tag and search them. Assign keys and send SSH commands through the web. Enable monitoring, alerting & automation. You'll know right away if anything goes wrong. You'll be able to address issues from anywhere, using your phone or tablet.
CopperEgg and Mist.io can be primarily classified as "Cloud Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by CopperEgg are:
- Any Server – Cloud, Virtual, or Physical- Whether your servers are physical, virtual, on-premise, in the cloud, or a combination of these, get the server performance insight you need from any location. Supports Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows and many more.
- CopperEgg cloud monitoring integrates with Chef and supports cloud server monitoring for CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, RedHat, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and additional Linux varieties.
- Real-Time Updates- Updates every few seconds to provide you with the ability to correct an issue before a catastrophe occurs.
On the other hand, Mist.io provides the following key features:
- Supports AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack, and Linode
- Friendly- Adapts to each device to provide the best possible user experience. Enables you to connect from anywhere, anytime.
- Secure- All traffic uses high grade encryption. Every line of code is regularly audited to ensure the safety of your data.