CopperEgg vs Mist.io: What are the differences?
What is CopperEgg? Cloud monitoring for your servers, websites, processes, and web applications. Continuous visibility and cloud monitoring for all your servers – hosted or private, Linux or Windows. Works great with Amazon EC2, Rackspace, or any public or private cloud.
What is Mist.io? Manage and monitor servers across clouds with any web device. Create, reboot or destroy virtual machines. View their metadata, tag and search them. Assign keys and send SSH commands through the web. Enable monitoring, alerting & automation. You'll know right away if anything goes wrong. You'll be able to address issues from anywhere, using your phone or tablet.
CopperEgg and Mist.io can be primarily classified as "Cloud Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by CopperEgg are:
- Any Server – Cloud, Virtual, or Physical- Whether your servers are physical, virtual, on-premise, in the cloud, or a combination of these, get the server performance insight you need from any location. Supports Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows and many more.
- CopperEgg cloud monitoring integrates with Chef and supports cloud server monitoring for CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, RedHat, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and additional Linux varieties.
- Real-Time Updates- Updates every few seconds to provide you with the ability to correct an issue before a catastrophe occurs.
On the other hand, Mist.io provides the following key features:
- Supports AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack, and Linode
- Friendly- Adapts to each device to provide the best possible user experience. Enables you to connect from anywhere, anytime.
- Secure- All traffic uses high grade encryption. Every line of code is regularly audited to ensure the safety of your data.
What is CopperEgg?
What is Mist.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using CopperEgg?
What are the cons of using Mist.io?
What companies use Mist.io?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
It really is possible with CopperEgg to just do that. The setup process takes around a minute and you can benefit from results instantly.
By far, at least for me, the favorite feature I've used is comparison of current servers with what they should like if they would run in AWS.
Their support is awesome and really really fast and I don't really have any complaints about their service so far.
Disclosure: I'm not affiliated with them but I do like their service.