Engine Yard Cloud vs Envoyer: What are the differences?
Developers describe Engine Yard Cloud as "Deploy and scale Rails applications in the cloud". The Engine Yard Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a product family that leverages open source technologies to orchestrate and automate the configuration, deployment and management of applications on multiple infrastructures. On the other hand, Envoyer is detailed as "A brand new way to deploy PHP and Laravel applications with zero downtime". Envoyer deploys your PHP applications with zero downtime. Just push your code, and let Envoyer deliver your application to one or many servers without interrupting a single customer. In this series, we'll discuss each feature of Envoyer, demonstrating how to use them with a sample project.
Engine Yard Cloud and Envoyer belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Engine Yard Cloud are:
- Dedicated, secure, commercial-grade platform that increases agility
- Focus on your code - not on operations or platform maintenance
- Scale cloud applications and infrastructure rapidly
On the other hand, Envoyer provides the following key features:
- GitHub / Bitbucket Integration
- Seamless Deployment Rollbacks
- Deploy To Multiple Servers