Grafana vs StatusPage.io: What are the differences?
Grafana: Open source Graphite & InfluxDB Dashboard and Graph Editor. Grafana is a general purpose dashboard and graph composer. It's focused on providing rich ways to visualize time series metrics, mainly though graphs but supports other ways to visualize data through a pluggable panel architecture. It currently has rich support for for Graphite, InfluxDB and OpenTSDB. But supports other data sources via plugins; StatusPage.io: Build trust with every incident: Real-time status and incident communication. The #1 status and incident communication tool. Use Statuspage to build trust with every incident.
Grafana belongs to "Monitoring Tools" category of the tech stack, while StatusPage.io can be primarily classified under "Status Page Hosting".
Some of the features offered by Grafana are:
- Create, edit, save & search dashboards
- Change column spans and row heights
- Drag and drop panels to rearrange
On the other hand, StatusPage.io provides the following key features:
- Incidents During Service Disruptions- Active incidents are prominently displayed at the top of your page for your visitors to see right when they arrive, and they can subscribe to further updates via email or SMS.
- Status For Individual Architecture Pieces- Modern systems are made up of many different functional pieces, and listing each piece separately helps you further communicate the status of your infrastructure. Each component can be listed as Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial Outage, or Major Outage.
- Scheduled Maintenance- proactively reach out to customers via Scheduled Maintenance to avoid the email rage while you're busy getting the servers back on their feet.
"Beautiful" is the top reason why over 65 developers like Grafana, while over 18 developers mention "Easy downtime notifications" as the leading cause for choosing StatusPage.io.
Grafana is an open source tool with 29.7K GitHub stars and 5.63K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Grafana's open source repository on GitHub.
Uber Technologies, DigitalOcean, and 9GAG are some of the popular companies that use Grafana, whereas StatusPage.io is used by Instacart, Shopify, and Typeform. Grafana has a broader approval, being mentioned in 577 company stacks & 325 developers stacks; compared to StatusPage.io, which is listed in 142 company stacks and 9 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Grafana?
What is StatusPage.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions