HP Cloud Compute vs Rackspace Cloud Servers: What are the differences?
HP Cloud Compute: Deploy Scalable Virtual Servers on Demand. Now backed by an industry-leading Service Level Agreement, HP Cloud Compute delivers reliable computing resources to handle your production workloads. Configure and scale your capacity in an open cloud environment. With HP Cloud Compute, you gain control over your workloads while only paying for the resources you actually use; Rackspace Cloud Servers: Powerful Linux and Windows servers in minutes. Cloud Servers is based on OpenStack, the open and scalable operating system for building public and private clouds. With the open cloud, you get reliable cloud hosting, without locking your data into one proprietary platform.
HP Cloud Compute and Rackspace Cloud Servers belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by HP Cloud Compute are:
- Open. Avoid vendor lock-in by using open source-based architecture and standards-based APIs.
- Control. You have control of your instances and app development. Use root-level access to deploy applications, install required packages, and customize default security groups.
- Reliable. Performance and reliability are backed by HP’s Service Level Agreement with at least 99.95% monthly availability.
On the other hand, Rackspace Cloud Servers provides the following key features:
- 100% power and network uptime guarantee
- Cloud choice- We run the world’s largest open cloud, giving you flexibility, choice, and no vendor lock-in. That means your workloads are portable. Host them with any open cloud vendor—or even in your own data center.
- Technical expertise- We employ more Red Hat® Certified Engineers than any other hosting company. And over 100 Rackspace employees have earned the title of Microsoft® Certified Professional.
What is HP Cloud Compute?
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose HP Cloud Compute?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using HP Cloud Compute?
What are the cons of using Rackspace Cloud Servers?
What companies use HP Cloud Compute?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Rackspace plays nice with Windows Server 2013. It is the most customizable platform I have worked with so far and the closest to running a private server. The dev tools are great and if you want to work in a familiar environment with as much customizability as you want this is the right server for you.
For our cloud infrastructure, I cannot recommend Rackspace higher. They have consistently knocked it out of the park for us, especially in terms of direct support and help even beyond the call of duty.
I used Rackspace virtual machines for all my dynamic web applications until switching to Digital ocean. I still like and recommend Rackspace.
Our hosting partner for four years running. Rackspace continually evolves to meet their customers' needs.
Content is distributed via Rackspace CDN for faster file access