Octopus Deploy vs TeamCity: What are the differences?
What is Octopus Deploy? Automated deployment for .NET. Octopus works with your build server to enable reliable, secure, automated releases of ASP.NET applications and Windows Services into test, staging and production environments, whether they are in the cloud or on-premises.
What is TeamCity? TeamCity is an ultimate Continuous Integration tool for professionals. TeamCity is a user-friendly continuous integration (CI) server for professional developers, build engineers, and DevOps. It is trivial to setup and absolutely free for small teams and open source projects.
Octopus Deploy can be classified as a tool in the "Deployment as a Service" category, while TeamCity is grouped under "Continuous Integration".
Some of the features offered by Octopus Deploy are:
- Deploy on-premises or to the cloud, securely
- Built for .NET developers
- Configuration and scripting
On the other hand, TeamCity provides the following key features:
- Automate code analyzing, compiling, and testing processes, with having instant feedback on build progress, problems, and test failures, all in a simple, intuitive web-interface
- Simplified setup: create projects from just a VCS repository URL
- Run multiple builds and tests under different configurations and platforms simultaneously
"Powerful" is the primary reason why developers consider Octopus Deploy over the competitors, whereas "Easy to configure" was stated as the key factor in picking TeamCity.
According to the StackShare community, TeamCity has a broader approval, being mentioned in 168 company stacks & 51 developers stacks; compared to Octopus Deploy, which is listed in 45 company stacks and 15 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Octopus Deploy?
What is TeamCity?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions