Acunote vs Pivotal Tracker: What are the differences?
Acunote: Project Management and Scrum Software. Acunote is an agile project management tool and Scrum software. Companies from 1 to 100,000 people use it to manage software development, IT project management, and as an online project management software for the whole company; Pivotal Tracker: Build better software, faster. Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development.
Acunote and Pivotal Tracker can be primarily classified as "Agile Project Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Acunote are:
- Projects- You use projects to split the work between multiple teams or departments.
- Sprints- A sprint will contain list of tasks that you expect to finish in this time.
- Backlog- Backlog is like a sprint, except it doesn't have dates, so it's always in the future. When you are ready to work on some tasks in Backlog you move them to the next sprint.
On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker provides the following key features:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
What is Acunote?
What is Pivotal Tracker?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Acunote?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Acunote?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pivotal is nice if you’re a contractor or have a small team with simple process. In fact, in those circumstances it may be one of the best tools out there aside from Trello.
However, if you have a larger team, it’s difficult for Pivotal Tracker to fit your process. It’s also difficult to plan with Pivotal Tracker - it often ends up being more of a triage tool than a good planning tool.
The biggest limitations are the limited states for stories and limited views - everything is in a column and you can’t preset a view the whole team can see, so team members have a very hard time visually seeing the same set of stories.
We use Pivotal Tracker to organize our development for all of our clients. Tracker enables our agile-inspired process, which helps us deliver the most value to our clients.