Basecamp vs Duet: What are the differences?
What is Basecamp? The leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. Basecamp is a project management and group collaboration tool. The tool includes features for schedules, tasks, files, and messages.
What is Duet? Project Management for Freelancers and Small Businesses. Duet is an intuitive project management app created specifically for freelancers and small businesses. Duet does not have a monthly fee. Instead, it is available for a one time fee of $49.
Basecamp and Duet belong to "Project Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Basecamp are:
- Basecamp is super fast and famously easy to use.
- Basecamp helps you get caught up if you’ve been away.
- Have full control of who sees which projects.
On the other hand, Duet provides the following key features:
- Tasks Management - Flexible task management allows you to create, assign, comment, and attach files to tasks. Drag and drop reordering. Multiple filter options and search. Integrated task timer.
- File Management - File gallery displays a preview of each file, helping you quickly identify the one you’re looking for.
- Visual Invoice Builder - Drag and drop tasks into the invoice builder to quickly create invoices. If the task has a time entry associated, it is automatically added to the invoice.
What is Basecamp?
What is Duet?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Duet?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Basecamp?
What are the cons of using Duet?
What companies use Duet?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Duet?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I have used Basecamp for my project management system while in school at Bowling Green State University and at KHM Travel Group.
Basecamp is a great tool for our non-development related collaborations. Everything from marketing to corporate planning.