Commando.io vs RightScale: What are the differences?
What is Commando.io? Manage servers easily online. A simpler way to manage servers online. Commando.io empowers users to be more efficient, improve their workflow, and eliminate anxiety over server provisioning, maintenance, and deployment.
What is RightScale? Manage all of your cloud infrastructure with a single, integrated solution. Automation is the core of RightScale, freeing you to run efficient, scalable, and highly-available applications. Our multi-cloud integration enables you to choose your own clouds, providing freedom to work with any vendor in a rapidly changing market. And rest assured knowing that you have visibility and control over all of your resources in one place. To take advantage of best practices, we encourage you to tap into cloud expertise provided by our service, support, and partner networks when building and managing your infrastructure.
Commando.io and RightScale can be categorized as "Cloud Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Commando.io are:
- Add and tag servers. Servers can be physical hardware, or virtualized/cloud instances.
- Organize servers. You may choose to create groups based on server role or location.
- Create recipes. Recipes are containers of commands that are fully versioned. Recipes can be written in shell, bash, perl, python, ruby, go, or node.js.
On the other hand, RightScale provides the following key features:
- Supports: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Datapipe, Google Cloud Platform, HP Cloud, IDCF — Yahoo! Japan, Rackspace, SoftLayer, Windows Azure, CloudStack, OpenStack
- Access, manage, and configure all of your resources — compute, networking, and storage — across all of your clouds.
- See and manipulate all of your cloud servers in one place.