DigitalOcean vs Rackspace Cloud Servers: What are the differences?
What is DigitalOcean? Deploy an SSD cloud server in less than 55 seconds with a dedicated IP and root access. We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel.
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers? Powerful Linux and Windows servers in minutes. Cloud Servers is based on OpenStack, the open and scalable operating system for building public and private clouds. With the open cloud, you get reliable cloud hosting, without locking your data into one proprietary platform.
DigitalOcean and Rackspace Cloud Servers belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by DigitalOcean are:
- We provide all of our users with high-performance SSD Hard Drives, flexible API, and the ability to select to nearest data center location.
- SSD Cloud Servers in 55 Seconds
- We provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power and virtual server availability. If we fail to deliver, we’ll credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
On the other hand, Rackspace Cloud Servers provides the following key features:
- 100% power and network uptime guarantee
- Cloud choice- We run the world’s largest open cloud, giving you flexibility, choice, and no vendor lock-in. That means your workloads are portable. Host them with any open cloud vendor—or even in your own data center.
- Technical expertise- We employ more Red Hat® Certified Engineers than any other hosting company. And over 100 Rackspace employees have earned the title of Microsoft® Certified Professional.
"Great value for money" is the top reason why over 558 developers like DigitalOcean, while over 41 developers mention "Quick and reliable cloud servers" as the leading cause for choosing Rackspace Cloud Servers.
DigitalOcean, BlaBlaCar, and Accenture are some of the popular companies that use DigitalOcean, whereas Rackspace Cloud Servers is used by Bukalapak, Zendesk, and Mailgun. DigitalOcean has a broader approval, being mentioned in 943 company stacks & 686 developers stacks; compared to Rackspace Cloud Servers, which is listed in 109 company stacks and 24 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is DigitalOcean?
What is Rackspace Cloud Servers?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions