Exceptiontrap vs Raygun: What are the differences?
Developers describe Exceptiontrap as "Error tracking & monitoring for Rails and PHP". Exceptiontrap is the simple and powerful error tracking and exception monitoring service for Ruby on Rails and PHP. On the other hand, Raygun is detailed as "Use Raygun to track, manage, and report your software errors". Raygun gives you a window into how users are really experiencing your software applications. Detect, diagnose and resolve issues that are affecting end users with greater speed and accuracy.
Exceptiontrap and Raygun belong to "Exception Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Exceptiontrap are:
- With Exceptiontrap you know that your app runs smoothly in production.
- Exceptiontrap makes it easy to handle your app errors in a team. At the dashboard everyone sees whats going on and if there is something to do.
- The Information You Need: You can see all your apps information you need to know what was going wrong at one view. You can see all the information related to the error.
On the other hand, Raygun provides the following key features:
- Error, crash and performance monitoring, in one platform
- Support for every major programming language and platform
- Minutes to set up
What is Exceptiontrap?
What is Raygun?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Raygun?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Exceptiontrap?
What are the cons of using Raygun?
What companies use Exceptiontrap?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I've used Raygun to track errors in HTML5 apps and WordPress themes. The integration was smooth and I was set up in minutes.
My only qualm at first was that I was going to get spammed to the eye-balls with errors (especially with some of the unhandled errors in WordPress plugins!). Thankfully, Raygun gives you fine control over notifications and conveniently groups all the bugs being reported.
Since setting it up, it has saved me a lot of time and headaches, and I rate it very highly. I've never had to use the support, as I've never had any trouble with it, but I'll assume it's Great!
Raygun saves us so much time we're hooked for life. Great support too.