FogBugz vs Lighthouse: What are the differences?
Developers describe FogBugz as "The world's easiest bug tracking system". FogBugz tracks bugs, issues, and customer support tickets through every stage of the development process. We built it to be quick and easy to use, so that your developers will actually use it. Over 20,000 teams from the world's best software companies use FogBugz because it keeps their developers productive and happy. On the other hand, Lighthouse is detailed as "Beautifully Simple Issue Tracking". Collaborate effortlessly on projects. Whether you’re a team of 5 or studio of 50, Lighthouse will help you keep track of your project development with ease. We give you all the tools you need to organize your tickets – custom states, a powerful tagging system, an advanced search, saved searches (we call them ticket bins), and a mass editing tool.
FogBugz and Lighthouse can be primarily classified as "Issue Tracking" tools.
Some of the features offered by FogBugz are:
- Issue and Bug Tracking- Effortless Bug Reporting, Customizable Case Lists, and Full Case Histories
- Project Management- Wikis, Evidence-based Scheduling, Task Outlining, and Reporting
- Customer Support- Email Management, AutoSort, and Snippets
On the other hand, Lighthouse provides the following key features:
- Simplified Navigation- Don't get lost in your issue tracker again
- Stay Organized- Group tickets into live queues
- Activity Stream- Keep up with your project's progress
Huddle, Belle Epoque, and Erasys GmbH are some of the popular companies that use Lighthouse, whereas FogBugz is used by ebay, PayPal, and Foursquare. Lighthouse has a broader approval, being mentioned in 5 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to FogBugz, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.