Google Analytics vs Optimizely: What are the differences?
What is Google Analytics? Enterprise-class web analytics. Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
What is Optimizely? Experimentation platform for marketing, product, and engineering teams, with feature flags and personalization. Optimizely is the market leader in digital experience optimization, helping digital leaders and Fortune 100 companies alike optimize their digital products, commerce, and campaigns with a fully featured experimentation platform.
Google Analytics can be classified as a tool in the "General Analytics" category, while Optimizely is grouped under "A/B Testing Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Google Analytics are:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
On the other hand, Optimizely provides the following key features:
- Visual editor for client-side A/B testing
- Server-side SDKs for Full Stack experimentation
- Mobile app optimization
"Free" is the top reason why over 1476 developers like Google Analytics, while over 46 developers mention "Easy to setup, edit variants, & see results" as the leading cause for choosing Optimizely.
Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Spotify are some of the popular companies that use Google Analytics, whereas Optimizely is used by Uber Technologies, Spotify, and Udemy. Google Analytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 15339 company stacks & 2445 developers stacks; compared to Optimizely, which is listed in 1653 company stacks and 88 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Google Analytics?
What is Optimizely?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions