Pivotal Tracker vs Sketchboard for Slack: What are the differences?
Developers describe Pivotal Tracker as "Build better software, faster". Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development. On the other hand, Sketchboard for Slack is detailed as "Digital team whiteboard for visual communication on Slack". Sketchboard.io is specialised on agile software design. It provides diagramming elements and drawing style that you don't concentrate on details. To get most important out, your idea, not how it looks like.
Pivotal Tracker and Sketchboard for Slack can be categorized as "Agile Project Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Pivotal Tracker are:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
On the other hand, Sketchboard for Slack provides the following key features:
- Store sketches in the cloud
- Real time collaboration with teammates
- Sketch software design
What is Pivotal Tracker?
What is Sketchboard for Slack?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Sketchboard for Slack?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Sketchboard for Slack?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pivotal is nice if you’re a contractor or have a small team with simple process. In fact, in those circumstances it may be one of the best tools out there aside from Trello.
However, if you have a larger team, it’s difficult for Pivotal Tracker to fit your process. It’s also difficult to plan with Pivotal Tracker - it often ends up being more of a triage tool than a good planning tool.
The biggest limitations are the limited states for stories and limited views - everything is in a column and you can’t preset a view the whole team can see, so team members have a very hard time visually seeing the same set of stories.
We use Pivotal Tracker to organize our development for all of our clients. Tracker enables our agile-inspired process, which helps us deliver the most value to our clients.