Pivotal Tracker vs Targetprocess: What are the differences?
What is Pivotal Tracker? Build better software, faster. Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development.
What is Targetprocess? Agile project management software for Scrum and Kanban. Targetprocess is an agile project management software that focuses on information visualization and freedom. It helps to track projects using Scrum, Kanban or other agile practices.
Pivotal Tracker and Targetprocess belong to "Agile Project Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Pivotal Tracker are:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
On the other hand, Targetprocess provides the following key features:
- Kanban boards — create many boards to plan and track things
- Boards features — swimlanes, WIP limits, batch drag and drop cards, sort cards, filter cards
- Scrum — burn down charts, iteration planning and tracking, task boards
"Agile" is the primary reason why developers consider Pivotal Tracker over the competitors, whereas "Great looking project tracking" was stated as the key factor in picking Targetprocess.
According to the StackShare community, Pivotal Tracker has a broader approval, being mentioned in 198 company stacks & 54 developers stacks; compared to Targetprocess, which is listed in 10 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
What is Pivotal Tracker?
What is Targetprocess?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Targetprocess?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pivotal is nice if you’re a contractor or have a small team with simple process. In fact, in those circumstances it may be one of the best tools out there aside from Trello.
However, if you have a larger team, it’s difficult for Pivotal Tracker to fit your process. It’s also difficult to plan with Pivotal Tracker - it often ends up being more of a triage tool than a good planning tool.
The biggest limitations are the limited states for stories and limited views - everything is in a column and you can’t preset a view the whole team can see, so team members have a very hard time visually seeing the same set of stories.
We use Pivotal Tracker to organize our development for all of our clients. Tracker enables our agile-inspired process, which helps us deliver the most value to our clients.